Monday, February 2, 2009

WE MADE IT!!!!

Congrats on your 21 days!  What a journey for so many of us.  Was it challenging? I know mine was on certain days, but it was worth it!  It feels good be who you want to be. 

So much has happened in the last 21 days that some of the non-idahoans don't know about. I haven't been reporting all the good things because we've been running our 21 vids in this blog.  Here's a bullet point update.

We've picked up a worship leader to help us get to the next level.  He's an incredible musician and even a more incredible man of God. Add that to fact that he loves basketball and video games and you realize it was meant to be.

Our numbers continue to run in the 50's.  

We're officially launching on February 21!!!  That's a big one.  More on that later this week.

The last two weeks, we've had guest speakers.  Susan Carter spoke two weeks ago about eating right.  She did an awesome job.  She came to my house and raided my closet and fridge and told me what kind of eating choices I should make.  We put together a video of that experience. I'll toss it up at the bottom of this video.  

Jeremy Higgins from Sacramento came up to share two nights ago.  He did an awesome job talking about keeping our finances in line and making the most of the money we have.  He also recommended a movie that I watched called Maxed Out.  It's an incredible documentary that everyone should watch (it has a dirty mouthed comedian in the middle and thus the PG-13 rating. Not sure why they had to ruin a perfectly good movie like that!).  

Every week, great things are happening here.  Every week.  I'm amazed at what God is doing! For those who pray for us often, would you begin praying for our launch. It's a big deal.  We have a few families flying in to be a part of it.  I want it to be impactful and fun. I want our visitors walking away thinking . . . "THAT'S a church I can get into!"  

Thanks for your prayers.  It's working!

And now . . . the Susan Carter Experience.

No comments: