Monday, June 23, 2008

The First

(original posting 3.19.08)

I chatted online with a dear friend yesterday. He's another one of those all-stars who wasn't afraid to step up to the plate and do something big for Jesus. He planted he church in October of '07 and they had over 2,000 people attend a recent outreach event. It's amazing to me that a year ago they had zero influence in an area and last weekend they touched over 2,000 lives! I'm so glad he was willing to go.

He talked about the early days when he, his wife and two other couples met in Bible studies. They were starting the church with just the 6 of them and their kids. After a few weeks of that, they had their first visitor join them. He put it this way, "We thought we were taking the city when she showed up..."

I can't wait to see our "first person" get connected. Maybe someone lonely in need of friends. I can't wait for the first addict to be a full week without substances because God is setting him/her free. And, when I think about the first person who will cross the line of faith, I almost cry.

That's what the battles are for! That's why we fight the spiritual warfare we do! For those of us on our prayer team, please pray that the Lord will bring the right people our direction. That He will open the right doors for us to connect with the right people!

No comments: