Monday, June 23, 2008

God is in the Details

(Original posting 3.4.08)

God is in the details, the little, answered prayers that often forget.

This weekend the Taylor family traveled to Boise. This is my fourth trip and everyone else's sophomore adventure. I'm still in love with the people, the pace of life and the incredible view. I honestly didn't want to leave. There's a spiritual excitement when I'm there that I can hardly contain!

One of the reasons we went was to get our banking stuff set up for Connections. Because we don't have our non-profit status yet, this has been a bit of a hassle. But, on Friday, we met the right guy at a local bank. I don't know what he did, but I left with a Connections account and a handful of blank checks. I had wasted time worrying about it, but once I reached out and twisted the handle, the door was open! God is in the details. Contributions are beginning to come, and now we have a place for them!

We visited a young church out there called The Pursuit. They kicked off a few years ago and it is going like crazy. If you live in Boise and are reading this blog, GO CHECK OUT THEIR CHURCH!!! It's incredible. Krispy Kreme donuts were available in the atrium, the music was inspired and professional (a balance that's very rare), and Paul had a great message from Acts about holy discontent. I hope we can partner with them on some insane ministry ventures when we get off the ground.

Tam and I had lunch with Paul and Angela, the founders of The Pursuit. They told us about their first conversion, their first hire, some of the challenges they've had along the way, and how much God has blessed them. As we listened to their stories, I could hardly sit still (which is a challenge for me anyway). I'm ready to get started!

I also met a really nice guy at the mall and told him we were moving up to plant a church. He seemed receptive and open. I just didn't have a church to invite him to! It won't be long! Hopefully he'll still be there in a couple of months!

No comments: