Monday, June 23, 2008

Tick off the Right Ones...

(Original posting 2.27.08)

Everyone told me planting a church would be hard. No one told me that planning to plant a church would be just as difficult. Lately it seems like we've been under attack. We found out that one of the families going with us has opted out. That's a bit frustrating. My wife and I have been having similar dreams about bad things happening to our children. That's not normal. And, as I've been spending more and more time in prayer, it seems past hurts and doubts have been sneaking into my head now and then.

People ask if I think we're being attacked. Sure feels that way. I'm no expert on demons and spiritual warfare, but if it's true that they're attacking me, I'm pretty stoked about it. I'd rather be ticking off satan than God. Have you heard about the wrath of God?

Look at this verse from 1 Corinthians 10.   21You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons. 22Are we trying to arouse the Lord's jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

I don't have time to go into the context of this passage, but I like the way Paul ends this section... "Are we stronger than He?" Of course we're not! We're not even in the ballpark! So, be on God's side! As soon as you know what that is, get there and stay there! Seems easy enough.

I prayed today, with all that's going on, "Lord I need another nudge. Something that says you're looking down on me and proud that I'm following Your ways." He used some old friends to answer that prayer. We got our first financial support check in the mail today. RIGHT... ON... TIME.

Tam and I are in Boise this weekend. We're hoping to find a house to live in. Pray that everything works out to His glory. We get to be there on a Sunday, so we hope to attend a couple of church services too. It always encourages me to see what other churches are doing! Pray the Lord leads us to the right neighborhood so we can meet the right people to help Connections have the kingdom impact He desires!

If you're in Boise and you want to touch base with us while we're there, email me dusty@imconnected.org. We'd love to meet you.

No comments: