Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Some Days Are Better Than Others

And this was a great one.  I started early this morning at, "The Griddle."  Two good friends of mine and I spent our morning together coming up with creative ways to reach more people in the Meridian area.  When it comes down to it, a church planters number one goal is to recruit people. We came up with lots of ways to do just that.  
My afternoon was spent at our Creative Camps. We had a new student in our guitar class, a 19 year old sophomore at BSU. We've been trying to figure out how to connect with some BSU students and this just fell in our laps. She will be joining us Friday night for Bible study.  That's a huge win!
At home after camp, I got an email from a gentleman.  It said this . . . 
Hello Dusty,
My name is (being kept secret) and my wife, daughter and I would like to come to group this Friday. I found your church in the musician section of craigslist. We both are seasoned musicians. We have been looking for a church or a group of followers of Jesus figuring out this journey. Is there a meeting this Friday. Let me know.

We sent a couple of emails back and forth and ended up on the phone for 20 minutes or so. I told him that we were a church plant and that every time a new family comes, it's like reeling in a big fish. It's not very often one just jumps in our boat! We both laughed.  He's been part of a church plant before (another huge bonus) so he knows what it is like.  
After all that Tam and I had a date night tonight. A famous Dave's just opened around the corner and we had enough food to last us throughout the week. Also while we were there, we bought someone's dinner, or at least most of it (all I had was a 20).  I gave the, "www.ivebeenserved.com" card to the waiter and ask him to use the cash towards their meal and give them the card.  Let's hope he didn't just pocket it.  Who knows what will come of that, but I did what I was suppose to.  
All in all, a great day.  I wish everyday was this fruitful.  We'd have a church-full in no time.

1 comment:

Kim Heinecke said...

Enjoying the blog - Hope your group fills up FAST with new Believers for the Kingdom!