Sunday, January 4, 2009

Almost Go Time.

First some good news.  We had our highest attendance ever this weekend.  We had two first time families that some of our core team members invited.  Fresh faces recharge me.  I'm proud of our regulars for reaching out and inviting others.  We keep track of where everyone came from in a family tree type format, and some of our regulars are starting to have their own tree!  

Secondly, some good news.  This week one of my neighbors, Josh, asked how he could get more involved, so he's taking over all of set up and lock up. What a blessing! We have 3 teams of 2 guys that rotate every week for set up and with Josh at the helm, I no longer have to worry about it. 

Thirdly, more good news.  We bought a couple more pieces of equipment this week.  That doesn't seem like a big deal to most of us, but it really is.  We want things to be excellent when our guests show up for our launch.  First impressions are very important.  With the type of creative, young ministry that we're doing, we want our sound and video and lighting to be great. 

Fourth(ly), next weekend we're starting a new series called, "21."  I'm convinced this will be a life changing series for many of our people. The goal is to live the life you want to live for a full 21 days.  Do you wish you prayed more?  Do you wish you exercised more? Do you wish you lived on a budget? We all have our list of things we wish we did more.  My wife is practicing piano for 20 minutes a day for her 21.  Everyone's list is different, but we're challenging people to be who they want to be, not who their spouse wants them to be or their kids or friends, not even the church.  Who does your spirit (meaning opposite of flesh) want you to be?  
I'm going through my 21 days first before I ask the church to join me.  I'm on day 16 today. For the past 15 days, I have prayed on my knees everyday.  I have read a chapter in John every day.  I've limited caffeinated beverages to once a week.  We are living on a budget, which means no CC's and rarely eating out (unless the grandparents are paying!).  So far it's been incredible. Everyday I do a video blog talking about the journey and making some comments on that days chapter of John.  When we start 21 with the church, I'll be posting one video everyday so that people feel like someone is going through it with them.  Let me challenge you, wherever you may be to dive in with me.  They say 21 days makes a habit, let's make some great new habits for the new year!

Lastly, the good news.  We're having a cook out this coming weekend.  We have a goal of having at least 65 people there.  IF we do, we're setting a date to launch connections publicly.  Yesterday I handed out cards promoting our 21 series, some "ivebeenserved.com" cards and cash to our people to bless someone with.  Pray that people are responsive to the invites.  I'm excited about what God is going to do!!!


1 comment:

Kristen Norton said...

Wow,Dusty, this is great news! I am going to think about the things that I would like to do, and join your group on this 21 day journey. I look forward to seeing your video blog as well... God is indeed good, all the time!